Tiger Beach Bahamas Trip Info
- How to get to the Bahamas
- Fly into Freeport Grand Bahamas international Airport (FPO)
- Average price on Cheaptickets.com is $240 from Fort Lauderdale
- Ferry service from Fort Lauderdale
- Bahamas Express is a company dedicated to maritime transport, that offers fast-ferry service between Port Everglades (Florida) and Freeport (Grand Bahamas).
- Tropic Ocean Airways is now providing an exciting way to travel directly from Fort Lauderdale International Airport. Tropic Ocean Airways is an FAA regulated airline that provides transportation on either four passenger or eight passenger seaplanes. Tropic Ocean Airways was founded by a U.S. Navy TOPGUN Fighter Pilot and places safety and customer service first.
Enjoy great aerial views on your way to paradise! Our new seaplane service lands directly in the clear waters along the beach at Old Bahama Bay. Have fun and save on overall travel time. You'll receive personalized executive-style service and get to avoid long TSA lines when you fly to with Tropic Ocean Airways.
For the 4 passenger seaplane, the rate is $1,324 each way.
For the 8 passenger seaplane, the rate is $2,448 each way.
+ $3.80 pp AFIS fee
+ $17.50 pp US inbound fees
+ $17.20 pp landing fees at FLL and FET
+ $25 pp Bahamas departure tax, paid by the passenger when departing Bahamas.
The fare includes free parking at the executive facility at Ft. Lauderdale International Airport called Sheltair.
Call 800-767-0897 for information and reservations, or visit www.flytropic.com.
- By Private Plane. The West End Airport (MYGW) is a private airport which reopened for use on June 1, 2014. The new airport opens in the idyllic destination of West End, Grand Bahama Island to private pilots and charter operators. Just 56 miles from Palm Beach, Florida and with 6,000 feet of paved runway, the West End Airport is a pilot’s dream.
The airport is a daytime only, VFR only, operation. No instrument approaches are available and no night landings/takeoffs are permitted. The airport is open 7 days a week from 8 am to 5 pm. The ICAO code is MYGW and the IATA code is WTD.
Only aircraft which have been pre-approved by West End Airport Management and Bahamas ATC may land. This requires that the registration number of the aircraft be submitted and approved. To obtain approval, please contact Ashley Smith, Airport Manager, at AshleyJamesSmith1940@gmail.com or call (242-727-1335).
Airport fees and charges are being finalized at this time. No fuel, GPU or aircraft tug services are currently available.
Maximum aircraft landing weight limits apply. Contact airport management for further information.
We pick up and drop off passengers at Old Bahama Bay Resort and marina
- If you are staying on the island the night before or the night after your trip is is a great place to stay.
- To reserve a room call 242-350-6500 and ask for Jackie the general manager. Tell her you are booking and traveling with Blue Iguana Charters and you will receive our discounted rate.
- Great Tiki Bar on the beach with good food and drinks
- The R/V Kate is normally docked on the west wall in the marina. Sometimes they put us in a slip in the middle of the marina if they have a lot of large vessels coming in.
- Another option for lodging is the Sunrise Resort and Marina. If you tell them you are a customer of Blue Iguana Charters you can get a room rate of $75 per night.
- Cab drivers are allways waiting at the airport
- Fares are set by the government
- From airport to Old Bahama Bay is $75 (2012 price)
- Cash needed for tripPassengers can load the vessel after 6:00 pm of the first day of their trip
- Cab Fare both from and to airport
- Departure tax
- $18 paid at airport
- Crew Tip
- We return to the dock at Old Bahama Bay between noon and 2:00 pm of the last day.